Rising damp is something that we were certainly accustomed to in UK 30-40 years ago (Both as a UK TV comedy hit series) and a reality of old houses with poor DPM/DPC detailing (If any). As houses have either been lovingly restored or demolished hence the problem rectified or replaced with modern design details to much improved British Standards the problem has been largely removed in recent years.So why do we encounter this problem in Dubai and is it the same?
- What are the most common defects in older buildings?
- What are the common issues identified when we retrospectively audit a recently completed project?
- What are the benefits of working with a specialist snagging company instead of relying solely on contractors and consultants?
- What are the differences between predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance?
- What types of disputes can arise after building completion?
- What can we do to enhance the life span of buildings?
- And many more!